Rubber hatch packingsSolid thick outer skin - sponge rubber core
Rubber hatch packings for maritime hatches
Dual hardness, reduced compression force
Dual hardness rubber packings for compression sealing of yacht and commercial ships hatches. These rubber marine packings are made with a thick, wear resistant solid rubber outer. It protects the compressible sponge rubber core.
The skin is much thicker than the skin you’ll find on normal sponge and cell rubber. It is hard wearing and resistant to cuts. It does have to be inspected regularly since the sponge rubber core isn’t water tight.
- Outer : wear resistant solid rubber on the top, left and right hand side of the packing
- Inner : sponge rubber (ASTM D1056 12A)
- Color : black
- Compression deflection @ 25%ASTM D10565-9 Psi
- Compression set @ 50% deflectionASTM D1056+/- 15%
- Temperature range°C-20 / + 70
- Easily glued into place with marine grade adhesive.
- Outer skin provides watertightness and dimensional stability
- Inner sponge rubber core reduces compression force
Other dimensions available on request. These may require new tooling