PolyurethaneWear and tear resistant polyurethanes
Features and benefits
Wear and shock resistant
Likonflex™ is a high end polyurethane that is highly resistant to wear and shocks.
Where these properties are of the upmost importance, Likonflex™ is far superior to much used elastomers, steel and nylon.
The greater flexibility, elasticity and shock absorbing properties of Likonflex™ clearly stand out.
Below is an overview of different grades.
Likonflex™ parts show excellent chemical properties:
- high resistance to ageing at room temperatures
- resistance to chemicals, solvents and cleaning agents and oil
- ozon and oxygen show no effects on Likonflex
- special hydrolisis resistant qualities and high-temperature resistant qualities
Hot casting, extrusion and injection moulding
Likonflex™ parts can be hot casted, thus enableing manufacturing of small series at low totall costs.
LIKON also supplies extruded and injection moulded (TPU) parts.
“The proof of the pie…”
Hot casted Likonflex™ is far superior to injection moulded qualites where mechanical properties are concerned.
Although this won’t allways show from datasheets, our extensive experience has proven. If your demands are high, you should choose our casted qualities.
Need more information for a specific application of polyurethanes? Please send us your inquiry.
- Likonflex T – standard quality for low to average load.
- Likonflex HT – heavy duty quality, high tear resistance, high abrasion resistance and excellent dynamic properties. Low hear buil-up and superior hydrolysis resistance compared to other polyurethane grades.
- Likonflex NS – non-static, very good mechanic properties and good abrasion resistance. Chemical resistance to oil, fuel, ozone and weathering.
- Likonflex S – abrasion resistant grade for combined hydrolysis and abrasion. Very low micro-organism build-up.
- Likonflex S-FDA – FDA grade of Likonflex S.
- Likonflex D – very good abrasion resistance, high tear strength and chemical resistance. For diluted chemicals environment and application that need be resitant to chemicals in general.
- Likonflex E – high rebounce and excellent dynamic properties. Particularly suited for moving parts. Use in wet conditions.
- Likonflex A – high tear strength. For applications where good chemical resistance and a large temperature range is required.
- Likonflex K – high temperature resistant and especially for high load applications. Good chemical resistence.