FKM spongeexcellent material for sealing, noise reduction and thermal damping
FKM sponge with skin
In harsh environments where chemicals and high temperatures prohibit the use of materials such as cellular EPDM or silicone sponge, FKM sponge with skin is excellent material for sealing, noise reduction and thermal damping.
FKM and FPM both refer to the same elastomer, it is the ASTM designation for brand names such as Viton® by Dupont or Fluorel® by MMM. Other common names are Fluorocarbon or Fluoroelastomer.
Features & Benefits
- Open cell structure with skin
- High compressability allows conformation to irregular gaps and shapes
- Low sealing force required
- Excellent resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone and high temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Heat resistant up 200°C continous, up to 300°C intermittent
- Thermal insulation
- Aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons
- Ozone and Weather
- Animal and Vegetable Oils
- Hot Water
- Environmental seal
- Acoustic seals for use in combination with aggressive chemicals
- Enclosures requiring low heat transfer
- Soft wipers
Types of FKM sponge
The standard high density is comparable to a 30° Shore A hardness, low density FKM sponge profiles can be extruded upon request.