Fire Resitant Coolant hosesTo EN 45545-2, NF X 70-100-1 & NF X 70-100-2 and BS 6853: 1999
Fire Resistant Coolant Hoses
Silicone Hoses with Polyester and Meta-aramid Fabric reinforcement
Fire retardant or low smoke-low toxicity hoses manufactured from specially formulated silicone compounds that burn less than standard silicones and tend to self-extinguish.
Fire retardant silicone hoses are typically used in passenger transportation:
- Railway OEM or overhaul
- Locomotives and passenger carriages
- Buses and coaches.
Designed not to release hazardous gases, have low smoke and to be self-extinguishing
Silicone hoses are considered to comply with requirements
EN 45545-2: 2013+A1:2015 – Table 5
- R22 for a HL1 Hazard Level Classification.
- R23 for a HL1 and HL2 Hazard Level Classification
- (HL3 certified on request)
- BS 6853: 1999 Category 1, Tables 7 & 8.
- BS EN ISO 4589-2: 1999 Limiting Oxygen Index : 33.8%.
- NFX 70-100-1: 2006 and NFX 70-100-2: 2006 Gas Analysis :
- Calculated CIT NLP = 0.04 (BS EN 45545-2:2013 + A1:2015)
- Calculated CIT NLP = 2.43 (NF-F 16-101)
- ISO 5659-2: 2012 :
- Ds max 10 minutes = 302
- Ds max 20 minutes = 393