Expanded rubberCellular and sponge rubber
Cellular and sponge rubber
Characteristic is the closed cell structure, all cells are seperated from each other by a wall of rubber. The smooth closed skin make our cellular rubber water tight without being compressed. Excellent for shock absorption, weather sealing and thermal barriers.
Characteristic is the open cell structure, all cells are connected to each. The surface is smooth with a closed skin, after splitting cellular rubber seals are not water tight. Our sponge rubber offers good compression set and rebound faster than closed cell sponges.
Besides commercial quality Likon offers special qualities with extreme high resilience and very low permanent set. These special qualities react quickly to changes in gap width, and their low set guarantees long term sealing performance.
“The proof of the pie…”
Although datasheet comparision won’t show the differences immediately, field testing by the Dutch military and by suppliers to the American automotive companies have proven these special qualities perform far better than standard grades.
Likonsil™ silicone sponge extrusions
Gasketing and cushioning in applications that need soft, compressible material. Closed and partially-open cells of Likonsil™ silicone sponge provide water absorption. These materials offer ozone, weathering and UV resistance typical of silicone. Closed-cell silicones are available in soft, medium, firm and extra-firm densities.
Features and Benefits
- pigments to match any color
- resistant to temperatures of up to 260°C
- closed skin structure for low absorption
- ozone resistant
- low compression set
- approved for food contact applications
- good thermal insulating properties
- good elasticity
- fire-resistant grades available
- radiation resistant
- “soft touch” seals
- document processing equipment
- glass display cases
- heat and air conditioning
- automotive seals
- industrial and outdoor lighting
- recreational vehicles
- small and large appliances
FKM rubber sponge with skin
Fluorelastomer sponge with very good mechanical properties, extreme heat stability, fire resistance, low smoke, low toxicity.
Special caulk is available for adhesion, sealing and repair of FPM rubber.
Excellent chemical resistance to aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, oil, fuels, ozone and weather, lubricants, animal and vegetable oils, acids and hot Water.
Features & Benefits
- Open cell structure with skin
- High compressability allows conformation to irregular gaps and shapes
- Low sealing force required
- Excellent resistance to ultraviolet light, ozone and high temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Heat resistant up 200°C continous, up to 300°C intermittent
- Thermal insulation
- Hardness 20° Shore A
- Tear strength : 3 Mpa
- Ultimate elongation : 200%
- Permanent set : 45%
- Environmental seal
- Acoustic seals for use in combination with aggressive chemicals
- Enclosures requiring low heat transfer
- Soft wipers
- Hardness 30° Shore A
- Tearstrength : 3 Mpa
- Ultimate elongation : 250%
- Permanent set : 27%